Search marketing is a continual process of evolving strategies and ways to get your message to your audience. Today, there is a new “Checklist” of sorts for your site if you want to earn those top rankings in Google.
Many participate, but not many play to win the game. In order to have a realistic shot at getting the top spot, here is a basic list of what you should have in place:
- Is your site optimized?
- Have your keywords been thoroughly researched?
- Have you included micro data on your site?
- Uploaded your KML file?
- Verified your Google Places page?
- Created a YouTube Channel?
- Uploaded some videos to that channel?
- Create a Facebook page?
- Create a Twitter account?
- Create a LinkedIn page for your company?
- Actively getting links for your site?
- Engaging your readers?
- Participating in Social Media?
- Blogging/creating podcasts?
- Utilizing optimized press releases?
- Article writing/content creation?
- Getting Followers, Views, Likes and +1’s?
This is how you “Play the Game” in search in 2011. If you’re not doing these activities, are you really trying to get your site ranked?
PLAY TO WIN.
If you need a refresher, Herm Edwards said it best here: